At 3/1/2008 10:51 AM, Geoffrey Downs wrote:
Les, WB6MND wrote:

I would like to be able to return to fixed settings that I program and are
stored.  That way I always have a familiar starting point that works best in
most situations, but that I can adjust further to customize for the
particular signal I'm listening to.

With the current setup, I feel I get lost and can't return to a familiar
place.

Me too. And thanks for asking, Wayne.

73 to all

Geoff
G3UCK

I agree with this opinion, I would like a programmable fixed setting. Having transitioned from another brand of radio that had three filter presets, I thought I would miss them in the K3. I liked the idea of cycling through three different filters to find which one suited the conditions at the time. But as I used the K3 more and more, I found that I wasn't switching from I to II at all. I learned that I could dynamically manipulate the filter with the width control (or hi/lo cut) to my liking. But I would get "lost" occasionally and having a preset "home" is a good idea. You can use the NORM setting, but that is factory preset. Having the user adjust the NORM setting would be a good idea. Switching quickly back and forth between two filters is also a desired function, but the delay in the "push and hold" activation of I and II seems too long to make that function useful in a quickly changing environment.