Chuck NI0C wrote:

> K6DBG wrote:
> "I adjusted mine so the display voltmeter matches the measured
> voltage past the diode."
>
> That's an interesting idea; however if you ever go back to assembly
> steps using the internal DVM, you would have to compensate for the
> offset you put in (assuming it is a pure offset and no gain factor is
> involved), or use an external DVM for those steps.
>
> I prefer having my internal DVM reading the true voltage.

I think you misunderstand - the adjustment is specifically to have
the display show the true voltage.

The K2 uses a voltage divider (R9, R10) into an op amp (U3B) to
determine the displayed voltage; the resistors used are "only" 1%,
so there is some inaccuracy in the resulting "V SENSE". Changing
R10 to a trimpot allows me to set the bridge accurately.

73,
chris