Lee Buller wrote:

> 5.  AGC issues. Heck, I have not used AGC in years.  I thought it was
> worthless years ago, so I've never used it with an amp.  If you have a
> good signal going into the amp, then you don't need the AGC stuff.  Dumb.
> Garbage in ... garbage out.  Clean in....Clean out.  AGC...come
> on...SHeeesh!

Actually, K3's AGC is quite good.  The reviewer had commented: "The receiver
AGC is not enough to handle strong signals over 30dB over S9 making them
sound distorded,of course turning back the RF gain fixed the problem but
that never happens in the Pro3 even with signals up to 50 dB from local hams
and the received audio is always clear."

If the review had RTFM (read the fine manual), perhaps he would have figured
out to increase the AGC slope value (to 15) in the menu and backed off on
his AF gain.  This would have fixed his problem.

Perhaps the K3 would benefit by having the AGC Slope value default to 15
instead of 10.

73,
Barry N1EU