1.  Mode I, II, Alt 1, 2

2.  Tapping multifunction encoder knobs briefly displays the present
value (SHIFT/LO, HI/WIDTH, SPEED/MIC, CMP/PWR). Double-tap to display
the existing parameter (since this switches first to the alternate,
then back).

These are really slick...but

HOWEVER......

A.  If I hold the SHIFT/LO while I am in mode 2 so that I can see
<--NORM-->, it reverts to mode 1 and then the BW of 2 = 1.  Is that
correct?

B.  Can you add a CONFIG menu to swap how the tap/hold functions work
for these two?  I know you can't satisfy everybody, but I would have
preferred to have a tap of (say the Hi/Width) toggle between filter 1
and 2 while the slightly longer HOLD displays the HI and BW.  I
realize some guys will love it the way it is, but even more will like
the flexibility of being able to choose which one they like.
Personally, I'd rather be able switch between the two filter setting
(1, 2) super fast as compared to seeing the actual setting of the
HI/BW "super fast."

BUT...I am mostly concerned about question A.  It just seems to not be
working the way I would have expected.  Am I doing something wrong?
How do I get back to NORM without having 1 = 2?

Thanks....
de Doug KR2Q