I'm just running first test on my "almost finished" K2/100.
I'm sorry but I have my S/N at the moment, but it's 6XXX series. One of
the latest.
I miss just SSB (missing parts coming), but I have KAF2, NB, 160mt, and
100W.

Some weeks ago I had few test experience at first step of construction:
K2 (cw - qrp) having lot of fun on ARRL CW test.
I get California on 40mt 10W, and that was the first qso on 40mt for my
new K2. Not too bad!
Other qso to USA on 20mt and 15mt, and a LU on 10mt. So tests were on
different band with good results.
I can compare signal by switching to IC775, just to be sure K2 wasn't
deaf. And it wasn't!

After many evening of pleased work I add NB, 160mt, KAF2 and 100W. So
last weekend (was so rainy!) I complete all (except SSB as I said).
Last evening I where on air listening and making some test.
I found strong broadcasting interference on 40mt, I check again,
changing antenna from PA to RX, same strong interference.
Many interferences were on 7.0 - 7.1 band (Italy has just 100 KHz).
Next I noticed I had "PRE" on. Switched off and problem disappears.

My previous test on 40mt (ARRL CW) was on daylight time (late
afternoon), not at night time like last one. So I cannot say if problem
was added by new features (NB/KAF2/160mt/100W) or it was there even at
first step.

I try to handle few test: removed KPA100, going back to K2 configuration
(plus NB/KAF2/160mt). Same interference with preamp on, disappear
switching off.

So I wonder if this "problem" is a common problem and if I can set it as
a problem ... you are right: I am putting more pre-amp to a noisy band,
close to strong broadcast signal here in EU at night time... so maybe
it's just enough.
Or if something I did was not right in my handwork. Any more test to
run? any parts to check?

73, Silvio IZ5DIY  (also K6DIY)
www.arimpt.org/iz5diy