K3KO wrote:

> It was good to see reported in one place that both the transmit and RX
> performance of rigs has gotten progressively worse, until recently.

I agree.  However, it's hard to generalize on a downward trend of RX
performance - if you look at his numbers, RX dynamic range performance
doesn't generally correlate with design age if you take the Orion/SDR5K/K3
out of the picture. That being said, the close-in DR data of recent Yaesu
radios (FT1K/2K) HAS gotten worse.

Rob does mention two other issues on RX performance that has generally
gotten worse: 1)newer radios with i.f. DSP generally have a problem with AGC
over-responding to short duration pulses (Rob excepts the K3) 2)ssb rx audio
quality ("listenability") seems to suffer in the newer digital designs

73,
Barry N1EU