DW,

It is always recommended that the basic K2 be completed before adding options.
That way you have a known working base to move forward from. Then again there
are those of us who don't follow the rules. There is no effect on the CW
filter setup whether the SSB adapter is installed or not. Just more work to
remove it if something isn't working properly.

Also use the external speaker output of the K2 to drive your sound card input.
If your sound card has a line in, use it rather than the mic in. I place the
top cover beside the K2 and connect the cable from the K2 speaker to the
audio out on the K2 RF board, then connect my PC via the K2 external speaker
jack. I suppose one could also make a cable to go from the K2 audio out
connector on the RF board to the sound card.

73,
Darrell

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 07:20, DW Holtman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My basic K2 is finally working and finished. I'm going to do the filter
> alignment using Spectrograph and have a question. Does it make any
> difference if I should do the procedure first for CW before installing the
> KSB2 option? I'm guessing I need to make a cable from the headphone jack to
> the mic input on my laptop to interface with the Spectrograph software?
>
> Best,
> DW Holtman
> WB7SSN

Darrell Bellerive