I am happy to report that the K3 is not lacking in the traditional mojo. My
first QSO with the K3 was TX5C, followed by working them all bands 160M
through 15M CW and SSB, excepting 160M SSB and 40M SSB. This was barefoot
with one antenna, a dipole at 15 ft. For 160, I had to load just the center
conductor of the coax, disconnecting the shield. The mojo approaches that of
the K2/100, with which I worked VP6DX CW and SSB 160M-15M excepting 160 SSB.
It took much less time with the K2, but that may have been due to different
operating procedures between the two DXpeditions.

My first RTTY QSO with the K3, by the way, was with VK9NS on 17M. For that I
used MTTY with the AFSK A mode. It is interesting to note that the K3 itself
seemed to do a better job decoding than MTTY. Perhaps the difference would
disappear with optimum setup.

It's a keeper!

Jerry   AI6L