Looking at the K3 diagram & a couple of Kenwood mics... UP/DOWN go to ground.

73, Bill  N2BC
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Fern Rivard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] re UP & Down features on mic

Not sure off the top of the head but I'm sure that if you pull up a schematic for a kenwood mic you'd get the answer. I do know that that is not yet implemented in the firmware. I remember Wayne mentioning that a while back and haven't seen it added in any of the recent release notes.

Quoting Fern Rivard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Can anyone please enlighten me on whether the UP and Down feature on the microphone connect work against ground or +8 volts dc.