Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:00:26 -0400
From: Jack Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Elecraft] Second kit run - Z10000 buffer amplifier for IF
pickoff K2 and Isolation (K3)
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

I've decided to go ahead with a second kit run of the Z10000 buffer
amplifier. The Z10000 provides an isolated (70 dB isolation at 4.9 MHz)
IF sample when installed in a  transceiver. It may also be used as an
isolation amplifier with a transceiver with an IF output port. (General
purpose, not limited to the K2.)

The Z10000 will be available with several options, including one that
permits it to be installed in the K2 and an electronics-only kit such as
might be used with a K3, which has a built-in IF port. The Z10000 is not
limited to the K2/K3 transceivers and has been used to provide a
buffered IF sample with a variety of equipment employing IF frequencies
in the range from 455 KHz to 73 MHz.

The Z10000's primary purpose for K2/K3 owners is to use a Softrock as a
panadapter via the Z10000 IF sample, and to provide additional isolation
for the K3 IF output port. Note that even with 70 dB of isolation, it
will almost certainly be necessary to offset the Softrock's frequency
from the receiver's IF frequency to avoid interference.

I've added pricing and options data at the 14 March 2008 entry at <
URL:http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/Updates.htm >. Availability is
mid-April.

I plan to order parts next week, and if you are interested in purchasing
a Z10000, I would appreciate an E-mail indicating which options and
quantities you are interested in.

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com