Whoa! Is this deja vu (all over again). Maybe you missed the exchange
between me and Gary a couple days ago over the same question.

I suspected I was having the identical problem you are having because of
some of the random button pushing that took place during the assembly of K2 sn
6281. I had forgotten the eeprom reset command and Gary was able to provide it.
 It worked great to clear the problem.  Incidentally, the 2 in 0250.xx
actually looks more like a ? without the dot, like in a K3 cw text  display.
Anyway . . .ready?

1. Power off.  2. press and hold keys 4 - 5 - 6 simultaneously ( I  used a
short pencil to do this ) and press power on. 3. you should first see  INFO
201-
wait around 10 seconds you should see ELECrAFt then 7100.0 c with
annunciator marks as indicated in the manual.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

This does not preclude the possibility of an initial soldering problem
somewhere, but eventually you'll need to do this to get back on track.

73 AL WA6VNN

In a message dated 3/16/2008 5:11:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,