I know several others have reported this in recent times, but now it's my turn! My newly-built K2's external speaker jack just decided to fail, and while I'm traveling with it to boot! I have a small external speaker that I plugged into it, so I'm still operational, but the rig thinks it's still got an external speaker plugged in when I unplug it. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

I know how difficult and exasperating it can be from the designer's standpoint to have parts fail like this. The design is not faulty, only the parts source. Probably not enough spring in the contacts.

I'll probably replace mine with one from my junk box. Guaranteed to be from a different source.

73,

Dave K7DAA
http://www.k7daa.com