Well, I took my lack-of-sensitivity analysis to the next stage and performed
the Signal Tracing checks, as described in the Elecraft K2 Manual.  Injected
the 0,14Vrms into the antenna connector when appropriate, and kept the
overload diodes (D40,D41) disconnected.

In short, the DC voltages are a little low but probably close enough to
normal, except U12 pin 5 (AGC) which measured 3.5V rather than 5.0V.  All RF
voltages appeared reasonably close to the K2 suggestions, up to and
including U12 pin 4 (U12 input).  The pin 4 voltage was 2.0V rather than the
suggested 0.4-0.8V.  However, the output signals from U12 seem to be
nonexistent:  U12p8 is 0V at all times, irrespective of the signal level
injected into the antenna terminal.  Subsequent signals are zero, as well
(U11 input through pin1, etc.).

Again, any suggestion on a plausible cause - a failed component or bad
soldering?  Has anyone run into this before, and have suggestions to try
out?

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX