GM3SEK wrote:

> The Radcom review of the K2 was actually two separate articles by two
> different users. The first was by Dave, G3YMC, who is well known on this
> list; and the second was by the RSGB President, who had just completed
> his own K2. What Dave actually posted to this list was:
>
> "At the time Peter Hart G3SJX was taking a break from writing reviews
> and had no objection to me doing it. But it was always from a user's
> perspective and was never intended to be any sort of lab test." [1]
>
> Now "taking a break" has somehow turned into "wasn't particularly
> interested".

That was what I was told by Steve G4JVG (now 9M6DXX), the editor of RadCom
at the time. My review of the K2 was a result of a chat with Steve over
lunch at one of the RSGB HF Conventions. Bob G3PJT, then President, added
his own section to the article before it was published.

I look forward to seeing a K3 RadCom review in due course - not from me, cos
I ain't got one... (but just received a K2/100 and K1 from a friend for
checking out).

73 Dave G3YMC