To: "Lyle Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "T. David Yarnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] April QST: review and The Secret is Out

It took a sting of posts this morning for the 'light' to come on - my QST has not arrived yet.

My very first April QST was back in the early 60s. There was an article about tapering a single wire feedline to concentrate the power going to the antenna, full of formulas to derive the proper lengths and diameters. After crunching the numbers with my trusty sliderule, I took it in to my math teacher. We worked on it together, she concluded there was an error in the formula as the answer was always zero.

I then asked my elmer about it - he is still laughing.

Happy Spring to all!

73, Bill  N2BC
K2/06254, K3/soon!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lyle Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>