I'd be careful there... I've not built a KX1 yet (but plan to) anyway I
just figured I'd take a look at the schematics to see if there was any
way to help you out and keep you going on your build.  Anyway the NE602
that is on the board specs 8.0V as its MAX Vin.  Seems to me like you
have a problem with your 6V regulator.  If you had a bench supply you
could remove the regulator and then hook a bench supply in there once
setting it to 6V and could continue on the build.  But unless you have
that I'd recommend simply removing U9 and getting ready to put in a new
one.

Sorry.

I'm sure Elecraft will take care of you in short order but you may also
be able to find a part as common as that locally pretty quick.  Perhaps
even on the weekend.  Its worth a try at least.

Good luck sir.

~Brett (KC7OTG)  Hope to hear you on the air soon!