Hi Dave,
I appreciate your input but as I had said, I'm looking for
canned solution.  Also, my laptop doesn't contain a serial
port so I'd need a USB-->Serial adapter.  (I know, not
a big deal but I'm trying to keep this clean and simple)
I too plan to use DM780 but have no interest in controlling
the K3 (changing freq., etc.) from HRD.  I'm looking for the
simplest solution to support PSK31.  I've read in some older
threads where someone was able to accomplish this by just
a pair of stereo cables and enabling VOX, but based on a recent
thread, there seems to be some question about this configuration
and whether or not it works or is problematic.  Thanks for
your reply.

- Bill