M0XDF wrote:

> sounds like that's not fitted correctly - the flange on the connector
> should be a very snug fit in the front panel hole.
> Mine was so tight, I had to remove some of the paint from the rim of
> the hole at the back

I don't recall there was much scope for fitting it incorrectly. It was
already installed on the PCB, and the front panel just slips over the top.

Like you I removed paint from the inside of the hole so the front panel
would fit on easily. If it is relying on being a tight fit in that hole to
get its rigidity then I probably removed a bit too much.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf