On Wednesday 26 March 2008 18:49, Mike Miller wrote:
> I see several guys using the Kenwood MC 43 S mic with K3..
> any comparisons.  with the MH2.   ?
> Which is better...looks like they cost about the same
> Mike Miller KA5SMA

I've had an original MH2 with my first K2, but didn't like the large size,
thick stiff cord and hard to push PTT button. Sold it with that K2. Selling
the K2 was a big mistake, so I ended up buying another. On this one I have
the Kenwood MC-43S. The mic size and PTT buttons are better suited to me, but
I still find the mic cord to be too thick.

To me the best mic physically would be the mic that came with the Kenwood
TR-2200A and TR-2200GIIA back in the late 1970's. It was quite small and
light, and had a microswitch action PTT switch and a light cord. I think it
is part number T91-0010-15, but may be T91-0033-15. I have no idea of what
the audio quality would be like or even if the impedance would match. A
picture is at http://www.rigpix.com/kenwood/tr2200a.htm or
http://www.rigpix.com/kenwood/tr2200gii.htm

Another Kenwood mic I liked was with the original TR-2200 and looked like a
mic you would find with the portable cassette recorders of the day. My boss
at that time had one of those and I really liked it. See the picture at
http://www.rigpix.com/kenwood/tr2200.htm

73,
Darrell   VA7TO   K2#5093

--