Stewart

I've just done the mod to my K3 and the rise time is shorter, of the order of 5 mS. I will post you the before and after images. I have posted the latest image on my web site (http://www.astromag.co.uk/k3/).

For those with slow linears, the bad news is the time from the key out line going low to RF appearing has reduced from around 12 mS to 8 mS. Just as well I have an Acom 1000.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
-------------------
According to the Application Notes Page my K3 #145 should have an ~8ms rise
time. However, viewed on my analogue 'scope the rise time (0 - 100%) is
definitely shorter and nearer to 5ms with a similar fall time though with a
sharper falling transition edge.

The notes suggest the mod is necessary to enable a future menu selectable
envelope adjustment but I don't want to reduce my rise time to a nominal 5ms
if it already is around that figure anyway - presumably I will end up with
an even steeper leading edge.

Anyone else looked at keying waveforms in pre s/n 211 K3s...?

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF