There are so many to choose from that I had to find something really unique.
It has NO moving parts, NO mechanical contacts:
http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com/

I got the vertical-motion Touch Tapper:
http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com/TT1.htm

I built it from a kit, and I love it. Nothing to fool with, it just works
perfectly by touch, at least for me. I find the vertical finger motion to be
much more natural than a paddle, like the motion of using a keyboard. I put
extra rubber feet right under the touch plates. My grandson can pound on it
and it doesn't walk around on the desk. But they make paddle-style also.
eHam reviews are mostly 5 (including mine).

This is the "solid state" approach  :-)

Windy KM5Q / Santa Fe, NM

   There are so many to choose from ... it's hard to make a single
   recommendation