>    What  I  cannot  find  in  the  Elecraft  documentation is the maximum
>    current and voltage that it can switch.

Look in the K3 FAQs - if you were to print it out, it is on page 27 of 34 -
it is the last item prior to the heading "other".

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm
(search for 6 amps)

"What is the voltage and current limit to control TX amp relays?
The keying device is rated at 200 volts, 6 amps."

73, de Jim KG0KP