Jerry

I've had the K2 and KBT2 since 2001, it works just fine on the shack bench with a power supply set to 14.2V (as per the KBT2 manual). I keep the rear panel battery switch turned on, which means the battery is always charged and ready for use. I haven't run the battery completely down and have only needed to replaced the battery once. Note gel cells have a short life expectancy if over discharged.

Since adding the KDSP2, KIO2 and the KSB2, the current consumption isn't as low as it used to be... I also have a K1 for lower consumption while away from home, so I haven't used the K2 solely on the internal battery much recently.

73 Dave, G4AON
K2 #1892
--------------

Hey gang:

Just a quick question. I've been reading the K2 manuals and have
some minor confusion about the operation of the K2 using a power supply.

Can I operate the rig via a power supply with the internal
battery switch turned on???

Just want to be sure I'm not going to hurt something. :-)

Manuals say I can charge the internal battery from a power supply with the
battery switch in either position.

Just curious if I need to use caution while operating.

Thanks and 72:

Jerry N0JRN