K3'ers:

When you purchased the K3, you bought into the SDR concept.  For me,
this meant a self-acknowledgment that I would, of necessity, become an
addict of sorts....watching the Elecraft Reflector (including reading
all of the posts), as well as attempting to stay upright while riding
the wave of new releases and other "finds."  IMO, there is some degree
of owner responsibility if you want to keep your radio "up to date."

Elecraft does provide some hints.

You can always just randomly stop by the UPDATE page and check.
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

You can set up your K3 Utility to check automatically (every six hours!)

You can visit the Application Notes page:
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_app_notes.htm

You can visit the Operating Tips page:
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_operating_tips.htm

Beyond what is provided by Elecraft, you can filter the reflector for
only memos from Eric, Wayne, Lyle, etc.

Or...you can simply be happy with "your version" and never check again
(as is the case with nearly all non-USA radios out there).

For me, buying into the K3 also implied a personal commitment to
staying "connected."

de Doug KR2Q