-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Hachadorian
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 2:09 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 DSP shape factor?

There have been a few postings over the last two days
complaining of ssb splatter on receive with the K3 during
the WPXSSB contest. I operated during that contest with my
TS-850's and found generally that the bands were extremely
crowded, and there were definitely some stations with broad
signals. However, I am particularly concerned about the
comments from the ham who said he preferred his TS-930 over
the K3 on SSB.

The question I have is "What is the effective shape factor
of the K3 DSP?" Is it much steeper than the 1.5 - 2.0 shape
factors of the roofing filters, such that DSP attenuation
predominates? Or, is it less than 2:1, and off-frequency,
the roofing filter predominates? Maybe the DSP shape factor
varies as a function of bandwidth?

I've done a Nabble search and searched the Elecraft Web
site, but didn't find an answer. Maybe some smart person can
fill me in.

Thanks!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ