FWIW, I've been using APPs for years with no problems at all.

I solder the wires and have not had a single breakage. As I mentioned
earlier, millions of connectors do that with no problem. The "trick" is to
avoid forcing the stiff portion of the wire to bend constantly or to force
one small area - such as the exposed wire between the insulation and the
terminal to do all the bending.

I've never had a connector come apart, pin or no pin. The shells mate very
securely. (All of mine use the Anderson red/black "zip" wire that won't let
the shells move anyway!) When inserted properly, the terminals will not come
out of the shells under any conditions of use.

Ron AC7AC