To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:41 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 ATU specifications

Greetings everyone,
I'm trying to debate whether or not to pickup an external LDG tuner or just
go
with the K3 built-in ATU. Does anyone know the tuning specifications of the
ATU?  I need a tuner that will hopefully tune every band to <= 1.5:1 on a
Cobra
multiband dipole antenna.  The built-in ATU in my TS-850 has difficulties
with
certain frequency ranges within a couple of bands.  Should I go with the
built-in
K3 ATU, or remove that from my order and just pickup an a decent external
LDG tuner?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Bill, kb1pxd