I, too, hear the "clicky noises," but using cw with PTT (rather than QSK).
I use 400 Hz filter, AGC-F, and an external keyer.

The cw Monitor audio level could be increased to match the receiver audio
capability.  I am using 8 Ohm headphones, which may be part of the problem
(the manual recommends 16-Ohm minimum impedance for headphones).

I am using the Heil FS-2 foot switch which keys the Alpha 99 amp PTT relay a
fraction of a second sooner than the K3.  I had planned to key the amp from
the K3 KEY OUT jack.  But when using the latter configuration, I can hear
the amp vacuum relay keying as if in QSK.  This can be distracting when one
wants a steady keying condition to the amp from the K3.

73, Norm - W1MO

K3 #426
(AGC mod done at factory)