In a message dated 15/04/2008 16:43:25 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

A  cardinal rule at Elecraft is that the manuals are written by someone  who
has actually done the procedures, usually several times! If it's  operating
information, that's Wayne on the K3. If it's assembly procedures  it's
myself.
So thats how you produce such wonderful Manuals!

That way the process and how to describe each step is based on  real-life
hands-on experience doing it.

Because each step of the  procedure is based on "real life" and *not* what I
like to call a "thought  experiment" (a thought experiment is when someone
sits back and imagines  how it should work), sometimes the way a step is
worded looks strange until  you have the parts in hand.
Very true

I found having the colour version on the screen as well as the book in  front
of me enabled me to see three pages at once and save turning over.

73 Alan  G8FMH

k3 #540