I found the problem. The "-S" was showing on the display for sync AM, which
doesn't look like it's working yet. I had programmed this to PF1 for when it is
activated, and had it on in SSB mode.

----- Original Message ----
From: J. Heide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:52:45 PM
Subject: K3- TX off frequency

I have the K3 put together, went well, but I am having a problem. I did the
reference oscillator calibration using an Agilent frequency counter with a GPS
reference (I use this setup to set my 100Mhz reference on 6GHz digital
microwave equipment). I was testing tonight with my friend and he was having
trouble hearing me, stating I was off frequency on TX. Our dials matched for me
to hear him fine, and he never had issues when I had the K2 running, our dials
matched. I checked my TX on my IFR1900 and found I was low in freq by 900 Hz.
XIT is off. Filters are FM in FL1, AM in FL2, 2.7 in FL3, and 500Hz in FL4.
Data was entered from the crystal filters properly (I think, looks fine). Where
should I look to find the trouble? I'm stuck on AM right now since it is more
forgiving frequency wise.

Thanks,
Josh K6ZRX
K3/100 722