function I hear my own voice ON frequency, but I also hear an OFF frequency
copy of my signal...like it's about 1 or 2 khz away. I have tried it with and
without phones and with two different microphones (MD2 & Elecraft Pro Headset).
If I give a whistle in to the mic I hear it off frequency. The higher I
whistle, the lower the whistle from the monitor audio, and of course the lower
I whistle the higher it is in frequency from the monitor audio. It's
disconcerting to say the least and leads me to believe there is something not
right.

  #2, I cannot get the VOX to work. With the VOX gain set as low as 1 or 2, any
amount of mic gain causes it to go in to transmit and will not unkey until I
turn the mic gain down completely (3 or so). I can turn the mic gain completely
down, as well as the compression, put it in VOX mode, turn the mic gain up to 2
or 3 and it keys right away. this is with the VOX gain set at about 2 or 3 as
well.

  I pulled the front panel off and checked for bent pins, as Gary suggested.
Did not find anything wrong.

  Anyone have any idea??

  Stan
  W5EWA
  Houston, TX

David Cutter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I insist on putting a fuse on each battery terminal, preferably fixed right
to the terminal. The additional voltage drop is worth the peace of mind.
Car radio shops have big chunky ones at modest prices.

David
G3UNA