Hi Jim,

there was already a discussion regarding this. Below I paste two possible solutions from this reflector. I guess that's what you are looking for...

73! Frank, DD7ZT (awaiting K3 tomorrow ! ;-) )

//copy & paste on

If your logging or other rig control program will enable the
Kenwood or Elecraft "auto information" mode when it exits
(AI1;) the transceiver will send a IF data packet whenever
the transceiver frequency changes.  This is all the SteppIR
controller needs to follow the radio without the logging or
control program.

You can probably use a terminal program to enable AI if necessary.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

//copy & paste off

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Is anyone on the reflector using their K3 with a SteppIR antenna and a logging program on their computer? I'm hoping to build a cable to unite my K3 (due in May or June) to the SteppIR box and the computer running Logger32. My Icom IC-756PRO just parallelled the CI-V cable from the radio to the SteppIR box and the serial port on the computer. I'm pretty sure the K3's not going to be that easy. Since the K3 is outputting to a serial port it sounds easy to connect to the computer's serial port but I don't quite see where the SteppIR box interfaces into the picture. Has anyone already plowed this ground?

Any help is appreciated.

73,
Jim - K5LAD