I've traveled with my K3 and had it in my carryon luggage, they never
even asked what it was.

Now, my Begali paddle, that was another story. It's got a Palladium
base and apparently the xray can't see through it or something.
Anyhow, it took 3 agents to finally figure that one out and approve
it. :)

-Jeff N6GQ