Max Kempson wrote:
I have just unlocked the tx limits on K3 #194 and can confirm that the ATU
TUNE function works ok on 5.680, the frequency of our Amateur Radio
Emergency Corp.

I would have thought that the real issue with working out of band is that you become responsible for spectral purity compliance, so you need instrumentation that can actually measure spurious outputs, whereas, when operating in band, the system is certified not to violate such limits.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"