From what I understand you must turn off the microphone bias in the menu. I
have a Heil pro-set and had to do this. If you have the Heil headset made for use with the K2 you leave it on. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Todd, WA7U
K2/100 #726
K3/100 #726

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Osterberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:50 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Heil BM-10 and new K3

Good Morning:

The only Microphone I have is a Heil Proset with a Kenwood BM-10
Connector, 8 Pin.  I would like to plug this in to my K3 tomorrow when
it arrives, Yes UPS Web site says it arrives on Monday.  Is their any
setting I should be aware of using this Mic?  It has the HC5 Element in
it.\\

73 Bruce N9BX

K3   ???  until tomorrow!!!