Michael,

Q6 getting hot is likely caused by excessive DC bias.
Check the voltage on the base and the emitter (compare with the DC voltage chart) for the transmit condition.

Other components that deserve to be checked are RFC6, R49, C120, C121, T1, R47, R48, C124, C125, Q10, and R46.

73,
Don W3FPR

Michael van Hauten wrote:
Hello,
doing the 40m transmitter alignment, i saw that my new K2 (#6454) has no rf out and Q6 becomes hot. The built in meter goes to 0.1 W. I checked and rewound T2 and T3 but there is no other result, The problem exists on all bands.

With the power setting at 2 Watt, power consumption was 500mW ( 220mW in receive). Receive seems ok .

Any ideas? Thanks for help.