Hello there from VK2,

K3#685 is going, however I could do with advice on certain matters.

The set is basic 10W with no options and 5 pole 2.7KHz only, in filter slot 3.
Receive is excellent, or should I say, outstanding.
All controls and menus seem to function correctly.
DC supply is big set of batteries. Around 12 -13V.

Questions:

1. What mike settings should be used with mikes MH2, MD2 and pro-set (I have
all 3).
Presume they should all have bias on, but does L/H refer to mike impedance or
hi/low mic gain?
Asking because in an on-air test, listeners reported severe audio distortion.

2. What does the monitor level setting actually do? It does not seem to vary
the audio level much?
Distortion was also heard while self monitoring.

3. I have HL-200BDx amp, any problem with connecting key out to ACC2 amp input
with RCA cable?
eg could an earth loop or a short be created?

4. After trying various configs/menu settings, distortion on monitor seems to
have gone, though audio sounds a bit electronic.
Any experiences of intermittent problems like this, or any advice on set-up &
testing?

Thanks,

Chris  VK2LCD