I'm into cycling as well as amateur radio.  Most new high-end bikes come
with a cheap pair of platform pedals.  They are typically used only for
the test ride around the bike shop parking lot.  The owner takes them
off as soon as he gets home and installs his favorite brand of clipless
pedals.  I've often wondered why the manufacturers don't save the $10
and sell the bike without pedals.

Al N1AL