Paul,

I strongly believe the same element was used in all the Elecraft mics when Heil was building them, and was referred to as the 'Heil Optimized Condenser Element for the K2'. In any case it is an electret type. All the Elecraft MD2 microphones currently existing were made by Heil. It is a very nice microphone and I would not give mine up without a LOT of 'encouragement'.

Now that the MH2 is being sourced by Elecraft, and the MD2 is no longer available. The MH2 still uses a similar electret type element.

73,
Don W3FPR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have a Proset (from Elecraft) with the included Kenwood adapter and it
works fine with the K3.

Anyone know what kind of mic element is inside the Elecraft/Heil MD2 Desk Microphone?