nz0t wrote:

> Do I need one or can I use the adapter I currently use with my K2?  It's
> one I picked up locally and it works fine with the supplied K2 cable and
> my laptop.

Try it and see if it works. There is nothing unique about the Elecraft one
apart from the fact that they have tested it and support it. But yours might
work, and might even have the same chipset and use the same drivers.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf