Ok Folks,

As often happens on reflectors, I have totally lost the thread on this subject [and I suspect I'm not alone :-) ] although I still have the problem. Please note the details below:

K2 Proset purchased with K3 came with the stock adapter. WITHOUT the adapter, and plugged into the rear jacks, VOX ON, VOX GN=50, ANTIVOX=000, and RPL.bias turned on, it works fine. VOX works fine. PTT works fine. Semi-QSK works fine. QSK works fine [never really liked full QSK].

FPL.bias turned on, gray Proset plug inserted in the mating adapter socket, 8-pin connector inserted into the front panel plug, VOX ON, VOX GN=50, ANTIVOX=000 -- No SSB, no VOX, no PWR OUT. All CW functions work fine.

Numbers of folks, including one of the Chief Elecrafters, advise me that the FP config in the paragraph just above this one works for them, leading me to believe that my problem has exactly nothing to do with pins 5 and/or 6 of the 8-pin mic connector. This is further borne out by the word to me that mic bias goes on the audio lead anyway.

I have discovered that if I tap XMIT, it goes into transmit but there's still no audio, however tapping XMIT again won't clear it and it stays in transmit. I believe [word from the K3 designers again] that this has something to do with a missing ground on the blocking cap on the front panel, which I have not fixed yet. If fixing that solves my FP audio problem, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Meanwhile, I will use the rear panel connectors which is what I want to do anyway [I think, haven't actually installed the rig at the opr position yet]. Boy, is that receiver great!!

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2008 Cal QSO Party  4-5 Oct 08
- www.cqp.org