Hi Ken and Alexandr:

Yes... BE SURE that all screws securing the front shield (to which the KSYN3 is
attached) is well grounded to the RF PC board, and to the sides and top cover
by ensuring that all screws are snug... but DO NOT tighten them to the point
that you risk damaging the screw heads!!!

This one step should eliminate virtually all birdies which might give problems
WHEN AN EXTERNAL ANTENNA IS CONNECTED. Of course, tuning around with NO antenna attached gives you a 'worst case' test... one which may not simulate a 'real life' case. I can find a few (weak) birdies when no antenna is connected, but virtually
all of them disappear or are completely covered up by even minimal band noise
when a real antenna is connected.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS