Hello Thomas,

I can use the allen wrench to extract the set screw from the VFO A knob. When I
hold the set screw against my 8-32 tap, the threads mesh, and the diameters
appear to be the same.

Even though the set screw thread meshes with that of my 8-32 tap, the set
screw is not long enough to make me feel certain that they are the same, rather
than merely being "close." I am not familiar enough with nominal metric threads
to know whether there is one that is close to 32 threads/inch.

There is an identical set screw in the VFO B knob. Either set screw will thread
easily into the VFO B knob, but either set screw will go just so far and then
bind
in the VFO A knob.

73,
John, no8v