Hi Bruce,

For communications bandwidths, a sturdy 4-ohm, 3 or 4" diameter mobile speaker (non-powered) does a great job. For a bit more fidelity and to take advantage of the K3's stereo speaker outputs, I use a pair of good quality bookshelf-style speakers (again, non-powered).

Right now I'm using Best Buy's "Insignia, 4-inch, 3-way surround speakers," which sound quite good, although they're 8 ohms rather than 4 so the available per-channel peak power will be lower. They're about 4"W x 8"H.

I had been using just a single speaker, but having two allows me to get L/R separation of the main and subreceivers, as well as take advantage of the K3's "AFX" simulated stereo mode.

73,
Wayne
N6KR