Love the new K3 firmware!

[Elecraft] Re: K3 Firmware Update (SSB RX width
limitation)
wayne burdick n6kr at elecraft.com
Sun May 4 11:45:19 EDT 2008

order
author ]

Mike (N8XPQ) wrote:

> The latest update is great, however I am curious as
to when some of
> the more
> basic functions such as squelch, keypad beep, and
ESSB TX will be
> enabled.

We're working on all of these, Mike, along with the
DVR and additional
subreceiver-related firmware.

> I have also noticed that after the update, I can
only listen out 4 KHz
> wide
> versus the prior 6 KHz with the AM filter installed.

I assume you're referring to SSB mode. Even though the
WIDTH control
went to 6 kHz in SSB modes before, the DSP was
actually restricting the
RX bandwidth to about 4 kHz. We'll revisit the
possibility of extending
the upper passband in the future.

In AM modes, the WIDTH control now shows the *I.F.*
DSP bandwidth (up
to 10 kHz), reflecting an AM RX passband that extends
up to about 5
kHz.

> Also why not allow RX/TX passband down to 50 or so
Hz?

We actually do process signals down to this level, but
further
improvement is possible. It's on "the list."

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---