Dave G4AON wrote:

> Elecraft need to see how other manufacturers configure their
> transceivers... The TS480, which covers the same bands as a K3, has
> wide/narrow TX deviation which toggles between the two when the FIL/Nar
> button is held down, this switches between 2.5 KHz and 5 KHz maximum
> deviation and also shows "NAR" on the display when set for 2.5 KHz dev.
> It's not easily implemented when the display and front panel don't
> include "NAR".

Perhaps they could make it change depending on whether you have selected an
HF or a VHF band. I agree it needs to be selectable by one means or another.
Lower deviation is needed on 10m where there is no strict channelization and
people tend to operate on 5KHz multiples than on 2m where 12.5KHz (15KHz in
the USA?) channels are the norm.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com