Sten:

At 11:55 05/05/2008, IK2HKT - Sten wrote:
Hi guys,

today I tried to use my paddle trasmitting in FSK mode as mentioned on the
manual at page 32.

The TX and RX decode work very well but I found trouble using IM (immediatly
exit) or BT (extented timeout).

Pratically speaking the above two command don't work ... after write some
words the K3 remain in a data idle state for about 4 seconds and after switch to
RX mode.

The manual said:

"To cut short the idle transmit period and exit to receive mode, send ..--
(IMmediately exit). This character is not transmitted as data."

But in the reality the IM is trasmitted and the K3 continue the idle for 4
seconds.

IF "IM" is sent, then you are probably leaving too much space between the
two pair of elements... they MUST be sent as ONE CHARACTER, not two.

Some of you have tested this feature ?

In fact I JUST (now) tested it and it is working well.

Maybe I'm doing some wrong ?

Possibly.  Are you in FSK D mode?

With all due respect, are you confident in your proper sending of the ..--
character?  As soon as I send ..--, transmission ceases after about 1/2 second
delay and IM is NOT sent.

Good luck,

Tom Hammond   N0SS