Hi Dave,

Thank for the interest !!

L used a serial bluetooth adapter from SocketCom

Here is the product information:

http://www.socketmobile.com/products/device-connectivity/cordless-serial-adapter/default.asp?page=Specifications

It comes with a configuration software that let you choose all settings:
speed, mode, security and even the manufactuer and class of the device that
Windows will upon detection.

I opened up the plastic case to remove the tiny board. I also removed
(unsoldered) the DC and DB9 connector to make it more tiny.

I just connect the 3 wires used for send, receive and ground, directly to
the db9 of the KIO2.
I powered the interface from the 5A line on the control board and use the
battery switch (not in use) to let me choose between ON or OFF state.

That way, you are able to continue to use your DB9 for remote daisy chain
with other Elecraft product... like KPA100 because it does not use other DB9
pins. And if you turn off the interface, you can continue to use the KIO2 as
usual using Elecraft serial cable.

Thats it !!!

A 2 hours project that give more flexibility to the K2 on remote operation.

Please note the you could hear a very small faint electronic noise when NO
volume is applied.... seems to be a normal behavior..... but with minimal
volume, you even don't hear that noise.... And it could be turned OFF with
the switch if you do not operate remotely........ I mentioned this very
faint noise...... but it must not scrare you..... it is very faint... it is
almost the same or at leat maybe the same noise people could hear when using
the KIO2 itself.

So this is it !!!

Now, people can see that I'm not a genuis guy !!! :-) :-) I only connect
wires..... :-)

OK now.... let's do it !!! :-)

73

J-F:

Maybe you could do a write-up on this beyond just the flickr pictures
if you have the time?

-----
===

de J-F VA2SS