Each to his own - I have a Yaesu FT-847 with the 'shuttle' ring which does dynamic tuning similar to that, and I hate it. By the time I get it near the frequency I want, it scoots off to somewhere well beyond the mark. I just can't get the 'feel' for that rapid tuning (yes, it does tune slowly near the center and quite rapidly at the extremes, but I just can't seem to get my hand and brain coordinated to make it work decently. Your mileage may vary.

73,
Don W3FPR

Thomas Norff wrote:
IMHO it would be neat to have a 'dynamic' tuning rate.

You start with what you selected by the existing buttons
(fine/course/rate...).
If the system would monitor your 'speed' while turning the knob it would be
possible to increase the speed if you keep turning (how much to ramp up ... TBD).