I have adjusted the RX EQ to alter the sound of the audio and in particular
when using the 1.0Khz filter.

I have now achieved a somewhat rich tone (to my poor old ears) that is
pleasant to listen too. I had no idea just how good I could make it when
using the 1.0Khz filter on ssb when I started but it sounds pretty good to
me.

Anyway, I was surprised just how nice it sounded compared to my K3.
> The audio seems softer and warmer somehow.  Same bandwidth (400Hz),
> same phones.  The K3 background noise just sounded harder, more harsh.
> I've had this feeling from day one.

cheers,
Gary
VK4WT...#679